I landed two teams over the past couple of days, and here they are:
10 team league, snake draft, I picked #2 in odd rounds and #9 in even rounds. I think I kicked ass in this draft.
2. Sidney Crosby--duh
19. Henrik Lundqvist--he's a great goalie and is pretty much a lock for 30 wins, under 2.5 GAA, and a .910 sv%. Sweet.
22. Patrick Kane--he's just entering his offensive prime now. With easy zonestart and the Hawks having to rely more on their top-end forwards, he should rack up the points.
49. Dan Boyle--San Jose is always really good
62. Tuukka Rask--watch him tear it up...again.
79. Travis Zajac--Ilya Kovalchuk is his new LW. Zach Parise is his RW. He plays lots of minutes.
82. Mikko Koivu--if Minnesota is better as a team, Koivu's numbers will be better too.
99. Nicklas Lidstrom--he's getting underrated just because he had a down year with all of Detroit's injuries last season hampering his ability to rack up points.
102. Tyler Myers--I think he's a steal so low. Lots of points, solid all-around play.
119. David Booth--he dropped so far because of concussion issues. A bit of a risky pick here, but if healthy he can score 30 goals.
122. Craig Anderson--he's been great at least 2 years in a row now, and while the Avs may not have the same luck, they should be better as a team this season than last, even if it doesn't show in the point totals.
139. Antero Niittymaki--Over the last three seasons, he's been a pretty good goalie, and he just went to play for the San Jose Sharks. I'm pretty sure he takes the starting job and has great win and GAA totals to show for it.
142. David Backes--PIMs and points. How could he come so low?
159. Alexei Ponikarovsky--a top-6 winger on an LA team that should be really, really good this season.
162. Niclas Bergfors--he'll be relied upon for offense in Atlanta, and has already shown himself to be a decent depth scorer.
179. Andrei Kostitsyn--see Bergfors, but substitute "Montreal" for "Atlanta."
182. Mike Fisher--a lock for 20 goals and 50 points.
199. Ryan Suter--a complete steal. He could flirt with 50 points.
202. Jamie McBain--30 points is good contribution from a defenseman, and I think he'll have little trouble hitting that mark.
219. Kris Letang--see Suter, but substitute "60" for "50."
222. John Carlson--I need to have at least one Capital on my roster.
239. Joffrey Lupul--honestly, this low I stopped editing the rankings (I missed the live draft).
I also picked up a team from the Pensburgh league. I'm not loving it. I already picked up Oliver Ekman-Larsson, since I think the kid could be a 40 point defenseman if Adrian Aucoin gets hurt for a long time and I really need those finds in order to win. The team is really lacking in top-end, reliable talent.
C: Tomas Plekanec, Derick Brassard, Marc Savard, Brad Richards,
LW: Daniel Sedin, Alex Tanguay, Alexander Semin (dual eligibility), Scott Hartnell
RW: Jason Pominville, Alexander Semin (dual eligibility), Tomas Holmstrom, Guillaume Latendresse
D: Jason Demers, Brian Rafalski, Oliver Ekman-Larsson, James Wisniewski, John-Michael Liles, Anton Stralman, Dion Phaneuf
G: Nikolai Khabibulin, Antero Niittymaki
We'll see what happens.